globalization: personal defintion

globalization:

•  an increased integration of the global “playing field”– how countries interact and do business
  • a new world system in which all aspects of life are brought closer together and to other countries– through different facets of technology individuals/businesses/governments are able to function and interact at increased speeds
  • a system in which basic elements of countries and individual societies– culture, business, etc. are being connected, meshed, and circulated around the world

3 Responses to “globalization: personal defintion”

1. sgreenla Says:

Is this a different definition than in your previous post?

2. Emily Humberson Says:

I hadn’t re-read my last post before writing this, but after taking a second look they are quite close. I think thus far my original “what globalization means to me” seems to be ringing pretty true with my current definition/understanding

3. Mellow Musings » midterm reflection Says:

[…] was vaguely gaining understanding, but still needed to fill in major details. Later in the blog ( http://emilyhumberson.umwblogs.org/2011/09/11/globalization-personal-defintion/) I was able to articulate my own impression of globalization and convey the idea to others. I felt […]